What is Love?

 

Have you ever actually stopped to ask yourself what love is…to you? 

As I have searched to understand love, I have learned a lot about myself.

At first, I tried to define love.  I created all sorts of labels for it, I gave it titles and names.  I qualified Love with what I “thought” it was.  I thought about my family, my friends, the relationships I see in TV and movies.  I still didn’t know what love was…to me!

Next, I asked myself:  “What does love feel like?”

As I attempted to discover what love felt like to me, I had to consider all of the labels and names I gave it. Trust, honesty, kindness, forgiving, nurturing, compassionate, intimate, non-judgmental, and dependable.

Have I ever felt this from another person? 

Sadly, the answer was No!   Every relationship I have had has had an expectation.  If certain things weren’t done, there would be a consequence. 

The more I pondered this, the more my perspective on love changed.  Love doesn’t have expectations, nor obligations.  Love is just love! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The GAME of Life!

Earth School

Why are we here?